Sunday, March 31, 2013

My first quilt ever!

I've always wanted to make a baby quilt and luckily my mother in law does quilting, so she helped me create one.  I'm pretty excited about it.  Let me say the only reason it turned out this well is because my MIL helped.  A lot.

I knew I wanted do a Christian themed one for a friend of mine and Noah's Ark seems like a pretty basic, not too crazy idea for a quilt.  The thing about the arc and animals on here, it's not a quilting pattern, but a free stained glass window pattern I found online.  Stained glass window patterns work really well for quilting because when cutting glass, it's hard to do lot of little corners like it is in quilting.

I found all the fabric at Joann's and I think it turned out well.  I was really torn on how to pick 'good' fabric for a quilt.  I washed, dried, and ironed all the fabric first, except that of the arc.  Which I should have done as well because when I washed it after it was finished, the fabric shrank and came out of the stitching.  ARG!  I had to go back over it.

The sun with the shape of the cross stitched through it was my idea and I think I'm pretty fabulous for coming up with it!  :)

Check it out and let me know what you think!!




No comments:

Post a Comment