Monday, November 14, 2011

Below are images from my daughter's baptism scrapbook page. Sometimes I can't stand blogger for the way it loads images, so it's the second page, then the first page, then both together because I don't feel like messing around with the images. Hey! I'm a naptime scrapbooker, I only have a few minutes! :) Maybe one day my daughter will take a three hour nap, but for now, she most certainly does not.

I really wanted to make the whole layout look like the stained glass window in one of the photos, but I was having a really hard time imagining how to do that successfully without it being too busy. So what I did instead was use two blue pages, trim them down so you could see the white underneath and then add the red strip at the top and the bottom. I liked that it was color blocked, probably the closest I would get to the stained glass effect.

I also added a cross mosaic to give it a more religious feel, and because mosaic seems close to me to stained glass, that whole pieced together look. I also add some journaling on just strips of paper to add more of the color blocked look. Also, the mosaic and strips are great ways to use up the little scraps of paper that you hate to throw away! Hope you like it too!



I tried to block out her full name, you know, for internet security and all that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment