Monday, August 27, 2012

Clematis Josephine

Our backyard is mostly shaded.  I have two spots I wanted a climbing vine that flowers and everyone I asked thought a Clematis would be the best option.

When we went to the nursery by our house, I went down the line of Clematis' trying to figure out which color I wanted.  Then the last one I saw, was a variety called Josephine - my daughter's name!  It was a sign to get that one!  So now we have two Clematis Josephine's in our yard.  They've already grown quite a bit, maybe it's the fertilizer.  Hopefully they get enough sun to bloom a bit next year!

First location on the side of the house.  Gets more sun than the other spot, but not full sun for sure!  Here's hoping!


 The back.  Doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight, just a little bit.  The hydrangeas love it, so hopefully the clematis will too.

The plant was about half this size when I bought it, it's grown quite a bit in a week!
 Look at them wrapping around the trellis!


Update:
In a few short weeks, check out the growth my clematis has had, as well as the new flowers on it!  Too bad it's not 63 degrees out.  Hopefully it doesn't freeze and kill them. Should probably look up how to care for it....




No comments:

Post a Comment