Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Felt Merry Christmas

I was inspired by a felt Merry Christmas pendant I saw on pinterest similar to this one.

We were doing our Christmas card photos and of course I found it just a few days before and spent a few long night sewing some felt letters, stuffing them, and getting them on string and ribbon so we could use them in our Christmas pictures.

Sadly, it was really rainy and cold that day, so none of the photos of our banner turned out really well, but I will share this one!  This photo of courtesy of Lovella Photography, I've worked with her multiple times and she does a great job.  If you live in the Detroit area, I highly recommend them.

Even better about this photo, I wasn't fat.  :)  Thankfully this was right before I started eating everything in site.  Need to get back to eating a plant based diet and no white flour and white sugar again.  But easier said than done.

Off that tangent, I think the banner is cute, too bad it was just so windy.

I spent so much time on that banner, I couldn't bring myself to toss it or just store it.  I thought it would make a great addition to my mantel!



I like it so much that I'd really like to make some for each holiday, but then I remembered how much work it took to do in the first place.  I'll just tuck that idea away for the time I'm not already working on two quilts, three scrapbooks, and house improvements.

How did I make it?  I can't find the item I pinned on pinterest, but I printed out a font ( can't remember which) on paper in a really big size, it only fit two letters per page on a landscape layout.  then I cut out the paper, pinned to the felt and cut out the felt.  Took a needle and thread, sewed it, stuffed it, put it on a ribbon.  Pretty awesome if I say so myself!  Hopefully you think so too!

Now just to hit up the Christmas sale at One Kings Lane so I can get more goodies for the house next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment