Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Carnival Theme Baby Shower

Recently I helped to host a pink carnival themed baby shower.  Let me say the hardest part about this shower was getting people to understand that it was carnival themed, not circus themed.  Circus is elephants and ring leaders and bears, carnival is more games, cotton candy, and ferris wheels.  Which is why it is very pink.  When all else failed, I just said go for pink!  :)

Cute striped straws are always a hit!  You can get them pretty cheap in bulk on Amazon.com.  These i bought were actually kind of flimsy, so I'd say look for some that are a bi more sturdy.  But the striped straws I think are a conversation starter and just a nice touch that shows you paid attention to details.


This was the modge podge gift I made an earlier post about.  People could write notes to baby and Mom and add them to the appropriate box.  The sign I made said:
'Write a note for Baby as she grows
And
A note for Mom on evenings she doesn't doze.
Something encouraging or something light
to help make her night!'

Don't knock the rhyme, I came up with it myself!

What an amazing cake, right?  Holiday Market in Royal Oak (here in Michigan) did a great job of sticking to the theme plus adding a few things that one of the future Grandma's wanted (but wasn't really in the carnival theme).  Turned out amazing, and tasty too!
 I wish I had something on my cricut that was carnival themed, but I didn't, so i just did a basic banner for the new baby!
Overall, I think it turned out really well, but most of all I hope the Mom it was for liked it!

Since at the time I was pregnant, my husband decided this was the last party I could help throw because it was just too exhausting doing it plus trying to prep for our new baby!  Next time, maybe I'll just order cute stuff from zulily rather than make it myself!

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of this carnival theme. It's really outstanding. Banners are cute indeed. I know set up at party venue is quite better than house get together. So thinking to finalize one of them for my sister's pre wedding dinner. Will invite all her friends and colleagues. It will be a girl's night out with dance and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete